Come join us at the Schauer Arts Center as a dance instructor in the Fall of 2021! The Schauer School of the Arts offers classes in dance, music, theater, and visual art for all ages and abilities. The staff is made up of experienced artists and educators who understand the value of professional arts training for all, regardless of one’s path in life. Our employees receive a number of perks, including a fun, casual working environment, competitive teaching rates, compensation for class planning, compensation for special events and staff meetings, free tickets to performances and half price tuition for Schauer School of the Arts classes.
JOB OPENING | TAP DANCE INSTRUCTOR
Type of Position: The Schauer School of the Arts is in search of a Tap Dance instructor beginning with the Fall 2021 Session and preferably continuing beyond, to instruct beginning, intermediate and advanced level tap. *In the event that the applicant has the appropriate tap dance skill, but limited teaching experience, the Education Coordinator may serve as a mentor, providing support in curriculum design, lesson planning and classroom management.
Immediate Supervisor: Education Coordinator, Dani Kuepper
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and implement a tap dance curriculum and repertoire that supports the SSA mission.
- Facilitate weekly classes and one annual student performance (Spring).
- Build relationships with students, families, and Schauer Arts Center staff.
- Create a classroom environment that is safe and open to all skill levels and interests.
- Collaborate with Schauer Arts Center staff to plan and stage performances.
- Participate in occasional community events and outreach opportunities.
- Provide regular feedback to students, parents, and Education Coordinator.
- Complete formal student evaluations at the end of each Session.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience teaching in the genre listed is preferred.
- The ability and desire to maintain a consistent schedule.
- A commitment to movement techniques and practices that assure the safety of dancers.
- Working knowledge of pedagogy, repertoire, terminology, and traditional skills/techniques.
- The ability to adapt a traditional curriculum and mindset to a wide range of abilities and interests.
- Communication skills that build healthy relationships between students, staff, and families.
- Willingness to help advance Schauer School of the Arts programming.
- All candidates must agree to a background check.
Job Type : Part-Time (Hourly)
Instructors are paid hourly for teaching hours and receive additional pay for non-teaching activities such as lesson planning, meetings, performances, and community events.
Start Date: Fall Session Begins September 13, 2021
Schedule: 1 evening per week, offering Beg, Intermediate and Advanced Tap Classes in a 2–4 hour block
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Process: Submit Schauer Arts Center Job Application, Cover Letter and Resume’ to: Dani@Schauercenter.org.