Filled with culture and history, the Schauer Arts Center was transformed from a canning factory built in 1912 into a non-profit, regional center for the arts that inspires creativity and connects people. Be part of a team committed to bringing professional live entertainment to the local community in this unique venue.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Technical Director
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time, salaried, exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists and backs up the Technical Director to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Schauer theater and related areas, including effective management of the facility, equipment and personnel. The position carries out the successful support of all Schauer performance events, rentals and assistance to all users of the center. Position includes, but is not limited to support of staging, lighting, sound, rigging and event specific requirements throughout the facility. This position requires a very flexible schedule since evening, weekend hours and continuous days of work are required depending on the activities of the center. This position a self-starter who is able to work independently and can represent the Schauer Center in a professional manner.
Serve as assistant and backup to the Technical Director and fulfill the duties of the Technical Director in his/her absence.
Complete responsibilities for events as assigned by Technical Director.
Participate in the advance event planning to determine technical requirements of Schauer events and rentals.
Participate in preparation of lighting, sound, rigging and other event specific needs.
Assist in the maintenance of all Schauer equipment, facilities, and inventories.
Assist in the recruitment, training and supervision of all tech staff both paid and volunteer.
Assist in monitoring of expenses and crew hours on an event by event basis.
Work in cooperation with the Technical Director and Executive Director to develop, implement, document, and maintain policies and procedures relating the theater and backstage areas.
Serve as sound or lighting tech for performances as assigned.
Serve as lead tech person all Schauer School of the arts performances and productions.
4 year degree in technical theater preferred
Experience in technical theater and show production with knowledge of stage lighting, sound, rigging, production managements and technical systems operation.
Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to multitask.
Strong commitment to safe operational standards.
Ability to work flexible schedule over the course of the production calendar and year
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 8, 2021.
Join our Team
Filled with culture and history, the Schauer Arts Center was transformed from a canning factory built in 1912 into a non-profit, regional center for the arts that inspires creativity and connects people. Be part of a team committed to bringing professional live entertainment to the local community in this unique venue. Represent the Schauer Center in welcoming and assisting patrons attending shows.
POSITION TITLE: House Manager
TYPE OF POSITION: This is a part-time occasional position. Schedule is very flexible but includes evening and weekend hours totaling 15-20 hours per month.
POSITION SUMMARY: The House Manager supervises volunteer ushers and all front-of-house operations during performances. The House Manager ensures that all patrons and volunteers have a safe, entertaining, enjoyable experience while visiting the Schauer Center. This position requires exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work as a team with other Schauer Center staff and volunteers.
POSITION RESPONISBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS:
Serve as the primary front-of-house contact for the duration of a theater event.
- Handle all questions and concerns of volunteers and patrons at the performance.
- Be able to move quickly, including on stairs, and be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Have the capability to email, as all pre-event communication with the Volunteer Coordinator will be via this method.
- Prepared to be trained in emergency and safety procedures and protocols for the Schauer Center.
- Assist with artist merchandise sales, as needed.
- Make sure that all patrons and volunteers have left the building and secure the building upon leaving.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
If interested, send letter and resume to:
Cathi Wilson, Assistant Box Office Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
147 N. Rural Street
Hartford, WI 53027
Or print, complete, and send the employment application below.
POSITION TITLE: CUSTODIAN
TYPE OF POSITION: Part time regular and full-time regular, hourly
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform routine custodial services. Position will keep the facility clean and well-maintained year-round.
- Sweep and wet mop hard surface floors
- Vacuum carpet areas
- Complete bathroom cleaning and supply replenishment
- Remove trash from all areas of the building to dumpster
- Clean interior windows
- Dust fixtures and furnishings
- Complete outdoor yard and lawn care as assigned
- Perform light maintenance to include, but not limited to, light bulb replacement, painting, and minor repairs
- Secure building, as needed
- Notify Facility Manager when major repairs are needed
- Schedule: Work schedule must be flexible and will include some weekends and evenings. This may be hired as one full time or two part time positions. Part time will work 15-20 hours weekly and may be daytime or evening, plus some weekends. Full time will be primarily days with some weekends and evenings. Full time includes health insurance, vacation and other benefits.
Minimum Requirements: Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift 25 pounds. Previous custodial experience is preferred. Background check will be completed.
Knowledge and Skills: Position requires dependability and flexibility, as well as a motivated and dedicated behavior. Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, team-oriented, and possess a strong work ethic. Should be able to work independently.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time Hourly
Pay: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
To apply, print and fill out application or resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Schauer Center is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with the Schauer Center depends solely on your qualifications.